Album: other songs
God Is The Refuge Of His Saints
God is the refuge of His saints,
When storms of sharp distress invade;
Ere we can offer our complaints,
Behold Him present with His aid.
2. Let the mountains from their seats be hurled
Down to the deep, and buried there;
Convulsions shake the solid world,
Our faith shall never yield to fear.
3. Loud may the troubled ocean roar;
In sacred peace our souls abide;
While every nation, every shore,
Trembles, and dreads the swelling tide.
4. There is a stream whose gentle flow
Supplies the city of our God;
Life, love, and joy, still guiding through,
And wat'ring our divine abode.
5. That sacred stream, thine holy word,
That all our raging fear controls:
Sweet peace thy promises afford,
And give new strength to fainting souls.
6. Zion enjoys her Monarch's love,
Secure against a threat'ning hour;
Nor can her firm foundation move,
Built on His truth, and armed with power.