Album: other songs
The Lord, The Judge, Before His Throne
The Lord, the Judge, before his throne
Bids the whole earth draw nigh,
The nations near the rising sun,
And near the western sky.
2. No more shall bold blasphemers say,
Judgment will ne'er begin;
No more abuse his long delay
To impudence and sin.
3. Throned on a cloud our God shall come,
Bright flames prepare his way;
Thunder and darkness, fire and storm,
Lead on the dreadful day.
4. Heav'n from above his call shall hear,
Attending angels come,
And earth and hell shall know and fear
His justice and their doom.
5. But gather all my saints, he cries,
That made their peace with God
By the Redeemer's sacrifice,
And sealed it with his blood.
6. Their faith and works, brought forth to light
Shall make the world confess,
My sentence of reward is right,
And heav'n adore my grace.