- lyrics database of all music genres and a lot of soundtrack lyrics
Album: other songs
Why Doth The Lord Stand Off So Far?
Why doth the Lord stand off so far?
And why conceal his face,
When great calamities appear,
And times of deep distress?
2. Lord, shall the wicked still deride
Thy justice and thy power?
Shall they advance their heads in pride,
And still thy saints devour?
3. They put thy judgments from their sight,
And then insult the poor;
They boast in their exalted height,
That they shall fall no more.
4. Arise, O God, lift up thine hand,
Attend our humble cry;
No enemy shall dare to stand
When God ascends on high.
5. Why do the men of malice rage,
And say, with foolish pride,
The God of heav'n will ne'er engage
To fight on Zion's side?
6. But thou for ever art our Lord;
And powerful is thine hand,
As when the heathens felt thy sword,
And perished from thy land.
7. Thou wilt prepare our hearts to pray,
And cause thine ear to hear;
He hearkens what his children say,
And puts the world in fear.
8. Proud tyrants shall no more oppress,
No more despise the just;
And mighty sinners shall confess
They are but earth and dust.
All lyrics are property and copyright of their owners. All lyrics provided for educational purposes only.
Copyright © 2003-2019 No More Lyrics .net